Saturday, January 31, 2009

What to do

when you are used to working on Thursdays, and you dont anymore??? Well if you are me the choice is obvious. Combining my two favorite pastimes...photography and aviation. Nellis AFB does not usually fly much on the weekends so it limits my picture taking. Last week though they were holding the Red Flag Training Exercise which involves military aviatyion from many of our allies.

Red Flag
This is a F-22. The F-22 was designed to be the elite fighting aircraft of the USA replacing the F-15. The F-35 ,on the other hand, is the cheaper mass produced aircraft to replace the F-16.


Red Flag
My favorite pic from Red Flag. An F-15 breaks off for laning at Nellis.

Red Flag
An F-16 returning from training.

Red Flag
Here is Big Daddy just after lift off from Nellis AFB. Quite impressive I must say!

Red Flag
Loaded down on short final.

Red Flag
An A-10 "Warthog" on short final.

Red Flag
A poor picture of a helicopter used to rescue downed pilots, or so I think.

Red Flag
A Brittish Harrier.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails