Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Clear problems...Blurry solutions

Today, in a historic time for the United States of America, the 44th President of the United States, Barak H. Obama was sworn in. While I did not vote for the new President, he won the election, and I accept that. It is over. It is time to get behind our new President and support him as best we can. There are many Democrats that I know that refused to accept Bush as the 43rd President of the United States. Regardless of what you thought of that election, he was, after the "process" finnished, declared the winner. They should have accepted that. You win some, you lose some.

Personally I don't think that President Obama has the answers to our country's financial problems, but then again, I don't think the government can solve our financial problems, I think the government created them in the first place. To expect them to "fix" them is just throwing good money after bad. The government is notthe answer. Every company, and every individual that made poor decisions, should bear the consequences of those decision. From AIG that got involved in "Credit Default Swaps" to the person who bought a house they couldn't afford using a "Liar Loan" should suffer the consequences of those actions.

That said, I hope that President Obama proves me wrong. I hope that he can move the country in the right direction. I do realize though that no one can live up to the expectations layed upon this President.

It is always great to see this country change leadership without shedding blood. The strongest memories I have of Presidential elections is the last flight of the President flying away from the White House. I have now watched Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and now Bush make that flight. In 4-8 years(hopefully 4) I hope to watch President Obama make that flight. They are moment that are forever seared in my memory.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails