Saturday, August 29, 2009

More BLM exploration

This morning I took off to explore more of the BLM lands. Today, instead of turning right, I went straight!

This is the road. Roughly 13 miles later I was in the mountains you see in the distance.
IMG_3807

Along the way I saw some more wild horses. There are roughly 30,000 of them in Nevada. this is only the second time I've seen any.
IMG_3808

This little colt ran right in front of me. He was trying to get across the road to his mother.
IMG_3809

IMG_3812

IMG_3815

IMG_3817

IMG_3820

IMG_3822

My private parking place in Spring Mountain:
IMG_3823

IMG_3824

IMG_3828

IMG_3839

Then I ran into this:
IMG_3840

IMG_3851

Ideally I would have picked a spot and sat for 2-3 hours and see what wildlife crossed my path, but I didn't have time for that today. I was happy to see some more wild horses!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Once again, very cool pictures! I didn't know we had wild horses around here. I can't wait to get to explore more!

-Lauren

Rob said...

I had haerd about the wild horses in Nevada, roughly 33,00 of them. If you have ever heard of T. Boone Pickens, his wife (Madeleine) has been trying to provide for the horses for many years now. Last weekend was the first time I've ever seen one though.

There are soo many places around here to explore, I've only started looking around.

Ever been to Death Valley? Its only an hour away from here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails