Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Staycation

Well there I said it.I have 2 weeks of vacation time for this year and I don't know what to do with it. I'm getting a big enough tax refund to do a staycation or a vacation. There are lots of places and things I would like to do....a 14 day cruise to......well where ever...would be nice. Considering the economy though, that is likely not a wise choice. I would like to save most of my return to help pay for the lost hours at work. I know I want to return HOME for the Dream Cruise. I will do everything I can humanly possible to be there for that. It is, more or less, a family re union!!! Especially since moving to Vegas. Its to special to miss!!!!

I should feel guilty for having to try to decide what to do with my vacation time I suppose. Many people today are just flat un-employed though no fault of their own. Our work load is going "ok" at this point. My main issue is that I do not know if we can survive on 32 hours a week. If we find a way to survive until things pick up, all will be well. If not, at least they are re building the I-15 and I can live under a new overpass!!!!!

Part of me says that "what ever will happen, will happen" and $1,000 for a staycation will not make much difference anyways. Part of me argues that "Hey! thats almost a months rent dumbass!"

Again I am drawn back to the conflicting ideas of "Americans spend too much money" remembering that the American economy is 2/3rds consumer spending, and that, IMHO, much of our problems now stem from Americans being un-willing to part with their cash because they are fearful of what the future may hold.

If people would spend money, things would be better, yet who in their right mind would spend a large sum of money in this economy???

It is a viscous circle feeding on itself!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails