Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hoover Dam

Last week Jack Jones and his wife Gail, were in town. I hope I remembered her name right! I'm terrible with names and should have wrote it down!!! Anyways, Jack was telling me that on Monday they were going to rent a car and go to the Hoover Dam. I thought that since I was off Monday, I could take them. Renting a car in Vegas is pretty expensive. We picked them up at the Stratosphere where they were staying at and drove out to the Hoover Dam. The weather here has been miserable for the last week and that day was no exception. Cold, windy, and rainy.

IMG_8618
Here you can see the construction of the new bridge that will bypass the Hoover Dam is making good progress. This "by pass" was started shortly after 9-11 to keep large vehicles off the Dam.

IMG_8621
Here is me and Jack at the Dam.

IMG_8622
Jack and Gail taking pictures at the dam.

IMG_8624
Here is Karen and Gail at the dam.

IMG_8628
Jack taking more pictures at one of the turn outs.

The traffic going to the dam from Nevada was un believable. The back up was several miles long. I've never seen it that bad before.

Before we picked them up, they went to IHop to get some food. The line was all of the way out the door, so they had to settle for cold bagels for breakfast. Since we had plenty of time left, we stopped by the Copper Keg for some food. Everyone who we have taken there loves it, and they did too. After we dropped them off at the airport, Jack called me and said their flight had been delayed an hour!

We had a great time though. It was nice to see Jack again, and to meet his wife. It sad to hear about the plant I worked at and what is happenining to the people there. It definitely confirms for me though, that I made the right choice in leaving when I did.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails