Thursday, November 6, 2008

What to say


other than I was wrong. I did not think Obama could beat McCain. There are a lot of reasons why McCain lost and I don't intend to go into what I think they are. Like it or not Obama is the President Elect and will soon be the President of the United States.

I will support him when we agree(which will likely not be often).
He did acomplish some things that are historical aside from the fact that he is the first Black President we have had.
  • He increased voter turn out to record levels. The highest ever recorded in Clark County.
  • He won a clear majority of the vote which is very rare in our history.

The only recent Presidents to do that were Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush.


We will see how he does. I know that I will not like most of his policies but there is not much I can do about it now. Hopefully he will lead from the middle.

For those that voted for McCain, like myself, lick your wounds and and hope that President Obama can do something good for our country!!!!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails