Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Symmetry

is defined as the state of being balanced. Well I didn't look it up, but I think that is what it means more or less. Ying and Yang.
Several years ago I encountered one of the most painful times in my life....namely breaking three rib bones on my right side. For anyone that has never broken a rib, it is a very painful event. It is a gift that keeps on giving. The pain subsides for the most part after about 4-6 months, but takes about 12 months to go away completely.

I am now symmetrical!

Last Friday I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. While standing there, I realized that, as sweat poured off my forehead, I was going to pass out and or faint. Being the smart person that I am, I realized fainting in bed would be better than fainting in the bathroom with all of the very hard, impact resistant surfaces waiting to catch me.

Unfortunately for me, I only made it about half of the way to the bed before succumbing to whatever it was that was making me faint.....and no it wasn't alcohol...lol I was at the foot of the bed when I went down. I'm not sure if I tripped over the doggy stairs, or the bench at the end of the bed, or if I just landed on one of them, but the next thing I knew Karen was yelling at me asking me if I was alright? I made so much noise falling she thought someone was breaking into our bedroom.
For my part, I couldn't speak at first. It was all I could do to breathe.

Needless to say I have now broken ribs on my left side. How many you ask? Who knows? No point going to the doctors. He can't offer anything other than a $500 bill for x-rays that will only tell me what I already know! There is no treatment for broken ribs, other than Advil, which I can do without paying the doctors car payment.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails