Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fremont Street

Last night we went to Fremont Street. I had heard that the Garage Boys were going to be there. Also I wanted to try out my new lens.

Before we got to see the Garage Boys, we were lucky enough to run into the USAF Band of the Golden West. They were awesome!
Golden West Band

Golden West Band

Golden West Band

IMG_0299

Golden West Band

The rest of the pictures from that night are located on my Flickr Site.
We also got to see the Garage Boys band.

Garage Boys

Garage Boys

Garage Boys

Garage Boys

They were great as usual.


The rest of thier images can be seen here.


Tonight I brought my new 100mm f2.8 lens along with my 100-400mm IS L lens. I didn't really expect the 100-400mm lens to do too well because it is, or so I thought, not really suited for that type of environment because of the low lighting.

Here are a few of the shots with the 100-400 lens:
Garage Boys

Garage Boys

Golden West Band

Over all I think it did very well considering it was somewhat out of its element.


These are from my new 100mm F2.8 lens. This lens, along with the 85mm are considered by many, to be some of the best portrait lens around. Here are a few samples from it.
Golden West Band

IMG_0187

Tigger

Its a pretty fast lens which allows you to shoot in low light situations, and it is also very compact and light weight. Due to its relatively small size, it is a very discret lens for street photography also. I'm still learninig all of its characteristics, but so far I like it very much.

One problem I did encounter is "Red Eye" in both lenses. I'm not sure why that was, and althought it is easy to correct, I need to get that sorted out.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails