Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The waiting game

We are waiting for my parents and for Sara to come out. They should be here in about two hours. We are excited to say the least. There are also a few other exciting things that we are waiting for that will happen over the next few weeks.
canon eos 5dI'm waiting for this which should be here Friday! Finally I will have a full frame digital camera. Although there are some downsides to having a full frame camera, I think they will be greately outweighed by the upsides. I already have one "L"(100-400mm IS) class lens and this camera will arrive with a 24-105mm F4 IS "L" lens to boot! So soon I will have the following:

  • Canon EOS 5D
  • Canon XT(To be sold)
  • Canon XTI(To be sold)
  • Canon 24-105mm F4 IS L class lens
  • Canon 100-400mm F5.6 IS L class lens
  • Canon 580 III Speedlite
  • Canon 50mm F1.8
  • Canon 28mm F?(I'll likely put this up on eBay)
  • Canon 75-300 5.6F(To be sold)
  • Canon 18-55mm Kit lens(To be sold)
  • Canon 18-55mm Kit lens(To be sold)
  • Tameron 17-55mm Lens(To be sold)

While its true that the equipment does not make a photographer(Ansel Adams could take better pictures than me with a disposable camera), I've been wanting a full frame camera since I read about the 5D. Its the American way!

The other exciting thing soon to come is something that I can't blog about right now. When the time comes(about a month) you can read about it here. There are a few people who know about it but that was because there was no way not to tell them.

Work is going well. As well as work can go anyways. No matter how much you enjoy it, it is still WORK! Personally I'd rather get paid to not work, but I haven't been able to find that job yet. Unless you count Fords.....lol

I actually had a tech from another state call me for advice on a Genie lift which is quite funny because I'd never worked on one before coming here......

Today my boss, the service manager, called to ask ME a question about a truck.....

So all in all I must say work is going well.......

In other new, its getting HOT out here. Not real hot yet, but it will not be long before we start getting triple digits on a regular basis.

This evening it was about 92F and me and Karen were sitting out on the back porch. It was soooo comfortable. No sweating, no !%^&^&* mosquitoes. You could actually enjoy being outside in the early evening enjoying a cold one, or as we like to call it in Vegas....conserving water! I try to conserve water on a daily basis being the eco friendly guy that I am :)

Well I got to go, They will be here shortly and I still have to hide all of the crack pipes, put away the heroin needles, kick all the prostitutes out and get rid of the stolen stull I'm selling on eBay....well it IS Vegas ya know!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails