Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Its been quite a week....

One of the hardest things I've found about this job is going to the Budwiser Distribution Center. I've been there a lot this week and it is always about 108F when I get there. I'm not a big drinker, but I can only resist for so long. After my tool shopping spree today, I had to stop and buy a 12-pack! I couldn't resist any longer. All in all, I like my new job very much.

In other news, either I am getting very cheap or young people just don't realize the value of money. When buying the beer today there was a young kid who, on his way out, dropped a dime on the floor. He heard it bounce, looked at it and just walked away. I will not even do that with a penny, let alone a dime. Must be nice to be rich...hahaha.

Karen is again VERY sick with a strep/ear infection and had to visit the urgent care. We tried going to the CVS minuet clinic to save some money. We do have insurance, but out here when you say you have HAP(Health Alliance Plan) people get this strange look on their faces and inevitably ask "Whats that?" Karen was seen by a physicians assistant who was moving the next day back to Michigan. Upon learning that we had just moved here she quipped that "Well I won't tell you any of the bad stuff then." Well there is bad stuff every where, not just Vegas. Here is a list of some bad things:

  1. Brutal weather
  2. Brutal Crime
  3. Brutal Traffic

Funny, that could be anywhere. Vegas, Detroit, Atlanta, Miami, New York. Its all the same really.

The tools I bought today, at none other than Harbor Freight, are not "good" tools. I just hope that they are "good enough" tools to get me by until I can buy some real tools. The hydraulic wrench set I got today looks like it was ground out of flat stock with a bench grinder. Two weeks to go until I get my first paycheck in Vegas! Everything has been conspiring to take my money that's for sure. Being house rich and cash poor is no fun!

I'm also learning my way around town a bit. Not a lot, I'd still get lost without my Nuvi, but increasingly I find myself not using it as much. I'm also getting much better at knowing when it is lying to me which it does on a fairly regular basis. Part of that I think is because there is so much building going on here that my software is already outdated.

I guess thats it for now. Hopefully I will get my camera out again soon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails