Saturday, September 15, 2007

Crosswinds

I'm not the only one to enjoy plane spotting at McCarran. You can also see the scissors lift that just seemed to be sitting there in the middle of the parking lot. I wanted to climb on it so that I wouldn't have to shoot pictures through the fence. I figured that it may not be a good idea though. Most of my aircraft pictures are taken through a fence, but if you set your camera settings correctly you can make the fence "dissapear". Actually it just get so out of focus that it cannot be seen in the picture.
These next two pictures show the planes on final approach. They look like they are going to fly right over me, or that I am standing on the runway. Actually they are flying crooked to compensate for a very stron crosswind today.
They are actually flying about 6-8 degrees(my guess) left of the cener of the runway. They are not actually flying where they are pointed.
This monster is a Delta Boeing 767.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails