Friday, September 18, 2009

Almost

a whole week since I last posted. Its been a long week. Every week has been a long week lately. We are as busy as I ever remember it here. We can barely keep up. I wish I could say it was from an improving economy, but it is really just from a near doubling of our market share it seems.

I'm not complaining mind you. The O.T. is nice and in today's economy, I'm just glad to have a job.

On the home front, Tigger is doing "ok". His behaviour, strangely, has changed since he began taking insulin shots.

His blood sugar was originally 380. After being on 3 units, twice a day, his blood sugar was 480! It's not a good trend to be sure. The doctor raised his insulin to 5 units twice a day. She says that there are a few other options fro treatment yet, but if they are unsuccessful, we need to look for an under lying cause for this(Such as cancer). We also informed the doctor that we had to increase his food because he seemed to be disappearing before our eyes. Hopefully we will have better news when he goes back on Monday for more blood work.

Getting back to his behaviour though, Tigger is a "strange dog" to begin with. And I use that word loosely because many people consider me strange....lol.
But Tigger usually only has 2 speeds. On or Off. There wasn't much in the middle. Also when you would let him outside he would do his business and then sit at the door waiting to come in. He is a people dog! He likes people, mostly me...lol If he could crawl inside of me and be absorbed by me, he would be HAPPY! He also didn't bark much.

Now Tigger will stay outside longer and explore more. He seems to have found 50% and 60%. He also barks much more. Not obsessively like my other dogs whoo bark at nothing because nothing is something too, but just more than he used to.

One thing that hasn't changed is that he will eat everything in sight, and then some just for good measure. He is not drinking as much but he is, sadly, still having accidents and he is still sleeping in them so I'm not sure if he just doesn't realize he is doing it or what.....

Our pets are like family in this house. We are worried about Tigger. We know that he is 11 years old now, which is not old for a dog his size, but his breeding was also vwery questionable. We will let you know how it goes.....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails