Wednesday, July 30, 2008

In 7 Days will be

one year of employment at my new job.I must say that I think I get more job satisfaction out of this job than any job I have had before....ever. Is it perfect....no. If I could get paid to stay home I would in a heart beat! But that said, I love my job. Sure there are a few days here and the that I dread going to work....much less though that when I worked at Fords. I have only missed 4 days in this year and they were ALL because I did not feel good. At Fords I took a day off because I knew I could get away with it. Not here. Generally I look forward to EVERY day at work! I have learned sooooo much since I started working here. As I have said before, 1 year as a road tech is like 4 years of apprentiship with Ford Motor Company. That is not to knock Fords, because I wouldn't be where I'm at with out them, but the depth of knowledge that you get from one year as a road tech is soooo much more than you get even working 9 years at Fords as a truck mechanic. There is no comparison.

Two months after I hired in at the new place I( got a new boss. I was worried about what would he think of me and my skills....And it was indeed rough for a few months but I have found him to be some one that is quick to help yet slow to critisize. He has been in the trenches as a road tech and knows that you cannot know everything! I work with a great group of people who are more that willing to help when you need it. It would be nice to know everything but in this field its just not possible.
Not many people know that I took a pay cut shortly after arriving here. I was embarresed to tell people about it.

Not many people know that I took a pay cut shortly after arriving here. I was embarresed to tell people about it. In reality though I began to realize that
"I didn't know what I didn't know" meaning I didn't realize how sheltered I was at Fords......

That said I have outlasted 2 mechanics and a PM tech since I've been here. They have said that(with out me asking) they are going to give me some of my money back in October. They said that they are pleased with my progress and with me as an employee in general.
Overall I work for a GREAT Company!!!! Pay cut not withstanding, I don't regret it at all. I feel that I have a future here that depends on my abilities(which are groing every day), not on my latest union contract.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails