Thursday, December 6, 2007

Its Vegas Baby!!

Today was one of those days where I was glad I lived in Vegas.
Driving home from work it was just so awesome looking out and seeing
the sunset. It was partly sunny and the way that the sun painted the clouds was just unreal. The strip lit up on my left, the mountains all around! I wish I had my camera with me, but even then I don't think I would have done it justice. Its been getting dark here about 4:30-5:00 and I've been working that late on most days over the last week or so. We went from not having enough work, and only working 8 hrs, to not having enough mechanics and working 9-10 hrs. Being that Karen is working now I don't mind the overtime anyways. She is usually home between 7-8 so it works out good.

As much as I hated the snow in Michigan though it just doesn't seem like Christmas without it. Its tough being so far from family, and financially its tough because we are still maintaining two houses(house rich, cash poor). We will try to make the best of it though. Its still Christmas and Christmas is less about what you have, than what you hold close to your heart.

I have been wanting to blog about this for quite some time, but haven't until today.
A while back I went on a service call to, well the place doesn't really matter, you wouldn't know it anyways. I was met there by this tall, lanky looking guy. After about 10 mins I began to wonder if he would ever be quiet. I must say he never was. He was telling me all kinds of stuff I really didn't care to know. Then he began talking about his wife of 18 years. Thinking to myself I just kind of rolled my eyes..."Here we go again..." Another bitter divorcee(or still married guy) who's wife cheated with his best friend, stole his house, the dog, and the kids. None of it is ever their fault. If I had a nickle for every man I met who hated his wife(or claims to), I'd be a millionaire. As stated above of course, it was never the man's fault either.

It was at this point that he said that "One day she just up and died." As the sadness welled up in his eyes I had to fight back tears and a large lump forming in my throat. I didn't know what to say to him....I was speechless other than to mutter the usual "Sorry to hear that." You could see the torment oozing out of him. He went on to say that he could not understand how she managed their affairs on what little money he made. He always came home from work and there was dinner on the stove and beer(she liked Coors) in the fridge. He couldn't understand how she did it. Now that he has been trying to do it for a few years now without her, he realized how impossible it was, but that didn't seem to stop her.

My point in this whole post I guess is to give those who you care about an extra hug. You never know when you will not be able to do it next time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails