Sunday, November 11, 2007

Here I sit broken hearted tried to....

....write a post but could't think of anything interesting to say.
It has begun to turn cold here. Last week we enjoyed a heat wave that kept us in the mid 80's for much of the week. Generally when I get up at 5AM for work, ok 6AM, its in the low to mid 50's and I will admit to turning on the heat now and then, but I have to say that 75F out here is COLD, you know its a dry cold! Next week we will be getting to "normal" temps for this time of year which should be in the mid to high 60's. Even so in the noon hour it can still seem very hot here at times with the sun beating down on you relentlessly.

I think me and Karen both miss rain. Did I mention it was sunny yesterday. And the day before that. And the month before that?? Even on the 3 days it has rained here since July, the rain is gone 15 mins after it ends and you would never know it rained at all.

Another strange thing about Las Vegas is that they will NOT build a school unless it is on a major, high traffic road. If you could imagine every school in Michigan being built on say Telegraph near Eureka, you could imagine how the schools are built here. It is strange because Las Vegas is supposedly built around so called "planned" communities. Doesn't sound like good planning to me.

We had a great time at Aviation Nation. The places I had thought about parking at didn't really work too well because they used different flight patterns than they normally use, butas you can see from the video, we still got a good show.

You can also see that we still enjoy The Fremont Street Experience a great deal. It has a lot to offer to tourists and locals alike. If you can get far enough into the Fremont Street video you will see a cowboy who is, if you ask me, having a bit too much fun......lol

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails