Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tombstone Arizona

Tombstone City in Arizona is a city full of history and any trip there will quickly remind you of that. Although it can be considered touristy(if thats a word) along the likes of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, it truely seems to retain the essense of what made it famous in the first place. You will not find a McDonalds here, nor a WalMart unlike Gatlinburg.

IMG_5895

One of the first things I noticed about Tombstone is that virtually all "non tourists" carried a Marshal's Badge along with a pistol. A sharp eye could learn to distinguish between the real Tombstone Marshals and the actors. The real ones carried Glocks....
IMG_5902

As I often found myself waiting on the fairer sex to finish shopping I had plenty of opportunity to lean against a beam on the boardwalk and wonder what it would have felt like to have been a new comer to Tombstone in its heyday. I didn't find myself thinking of what it would be like to be being Wyatt Earp or Doc Holiday, but just your everyday average man in search of his fortune.

IMG_5909

I think I decided it would not have been much fun!

IMG_5875

IMG_5871

IMG_6149

IMG_5977

IMG_5970

IMG_5932

IMG_5927

IMG_5931

More to come.......

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails